- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Professional Status Employed
Mission StatementTo provide precise accounting services that will add value to my organization by bringing together my skills, knowledge, and experience, to meet and exceed established goals. I will realize this mission by setting the highest standards in accurate data analysis, internal customer service, and personal integrity.
In five years I will become a part of a hand-picked team in my business unit and be intimately familiar with all its functions. I will have earned my MBA and CPA, and will apply the knowledge which I have learned within my capacity to enhance the operation of my organization.
In my dealings with leadership, I will be direct about what I observe, clear about my expectations, and honest about the benefits I can provide to my organization.
In my dealings with individuals, I will encourage their ideas, respect their diversity, cultivate their professional growth, and honor their experience.
In dealings with my leadership style, I will lead by setting the example I wish to see in my staff, taking on the role as a mentor to educate positive behavior, to consistently improve their role in the organization.
- As Systems Manager, reduced Medicare billing lead-time from over 60 days to less than 30 days
- As Medical Biller, increased monthly claims billed from $640k to over $1.3 million in less than one year
- As Credit Analyst, verified customer credit assigning credit extensions up to $100k autonomously
- As Systems Manager, reconciled database for Home Health office for timely transmittal of month-end close to Hospital controller
- As Systems Manager, reduced STAT2 database downtime during system outages from 1 hour to less than 15 minutes by maintaining a close relationship with database vendor and correctly analyzing sources of problems
- Developed perfomance metrics to provide subordinates and superiors a clear representaton of staffing performance
- Microsoft Office Specialist - Word 2010
- As Systems Manager, supervised data entry personnel accountable for timely and accurate documentation to receive claim disbursements from health insurance providers
- As First Officer, directed the daily flight operations multitasking as team coordinator with the captain, flight attendants, ground personnel air traffic control, dispatch, and maintenance control, to ensure a consistently safe and efficient flight
- As Flight Instructor, mentored students individually evaluating skills, applied knowledge, and judgment to pass stringent FAA examinations resulting in a 93% pass rate
- As Supervisor, accountable for the daily operation of attraction and 13 employees, ensuring safety, presentation, and efficiency standards are maintained all while providing a unique experience for visiting guests.
- As Supervisor, mentored 2 trainers to groom them to advance to Supervisor within 12 months.
- As Eagle Scout, directed the collating and delivery of Disaster Relief Kits for the American Red Cross as a service project to earn the Eagle Scout Award of the Boy Scouts of America
- As Supervisor, communicated to guests in Spanish daily to explain rules and give directions
- As Flight Instructor, described abstract concepts such as lift, and controlled airspace to students for comprehension
- Use of various media to convey my content in the most efficient way possible including spreadsheets, memos, letters, powerpoint presentations, and web sites
As Systems Manager, used Excel to sort and filter data to look for discrepencies and to make adjustments in the month-end balance sheet.
- As Flight Instructor, created student syllabus in word, wrote checklists and tracking sheets in Excel, wrote letters and memos in Word to company supervisors and FAA regarding student performance.
As Flight Instructor, created Power Point presentations to outline lesson plans and give visual information.
- As Systems Manager, wrote feedback to subordinates using email and Word.
Created memos, email, letters, spreadsheets, and forms to communicate large volumes of information and data to over 25 branches.
- As Medical Biller, logged and track daily and monthly performance in Excel to meet established goals
- As Systems Manager, employed Outlook to maintain daily and monthly schedule to ensure accuracy of projects
- As First Officer, organized all resources to be available at a moment's notice and within reach
- As Systems Manager, implemented and maintained the Palm Pilot patient telemetry system for over 60 clinical nurses which reduced documentation time by over 3 hours per patient and decreased costs by $90 per visit
- As Supervisor, implemented Computer Based Training for ride system operations using realistic scenarios, reducing operator related incidents from 8 per month to less than 2 per month
- As Systems Manager, reduced month-end close reconciliation from 3 days to ½ day by analyzing data in Excel spreadsheets and identifying discrepancies thereby increasing office production as Systems Manager
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OSX, DOS
- Database: McKesson, Home Care Home Base, STAT2, ORACLE
- Languages: HTML, BASIC
- Proficient in learning any new software application quickly.
- Accounting Software: Great Plains, Kwiktag